Melissa Ellis is a Certified Financial Planner® and Founder of Sapphire Wealth Planning.
Melissa holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and CERTIFIED DIVORCE FINANCIAL ANALYST™ designations, and is a member of:
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- the Greater Kansas City chapter of the Financial Planning Association,
- CFP Board’s WIN Initiative, to mentor women who are interested in becoming a Certified Financial Planner™,
- the XY Planning Network, helping members of Generation X and Generation Y to take control of their finances,
- the National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), bringing women together for professional success.
Melissa Ellis is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, CERTIFIED DIVORCE FINANCIAL ANALYST™ and sworn fiduciary. This means Melissa upholds a fiduciary oath to always work in her client’s best interests.
Melissa earned her Bachelors degree from Park University in Parkville, MO in Business Management. She graduated with cum laude honors. She then went on to graduate school at the University of Missouri – Columbia and holds a Masters degree in Personal Financial Planning.
When Melissa is not helping clients, she enjoys traveling with her husband, Doug. Melissa has traveled to all 50 states, as well, as Europe, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Their next travel goal is to visit all 7 continents!